Namaste Charter School’s Associate Board brings together young professionals from across Chicago who are committed to supporting an innovative, successful urban educational model. Associate Board members plan fundraising and outreach initiatives to raise important support for Namaste programs.
The Associate Board’s major event is our Lucky Flames Casino Night. Please visit our event page for more information.
To learn more about Namaste Charter School’s Associate Board and opportunities for involvement, please contact Kathryn Nelson, Development Associate, at email@example.com or 773-715-9558 x289.
Our Associate Board
Kate Bluestein Elements Chicago
Alyssa Case Quaker Foods and Snacks
Matt Cote Eicoff
Brian Dougherty Duane Morris
Elaina Emerick Holland & Knight LLP
Sara Garner Quaker Foods and Snacks
Priya Gopalakrishnan IIT – Chicago Kent College of Law
Carly Levin Scott Lyon & Company
Sumitha Pitroda Aon Corporation
Sarah Rand American Institutes for Research
Suzy Rupp Gatorade
Sara Urben Namaste Charter School
Justin Weiner Molo Lamken LLP
Josh Youngblood Northwestern Mutual
Purpose: Namaste Charter School’s Associate Board was created in order to reach young professionals with a strong interest in education and health and wellness to engage them in the important mission and work of Namaste Charter School.
Mission: Namaste’s Associate Board is a volunteer group of highly energized, dedicated young professionals. In addition to networking and leadership opportunities, Associate Board members receive fulfillment by supporting an award-winning public charter school that has been successfully “educating children from the inside out” since 2004.
About Namaste Charter School: Through a tuition-free, innovative public education, Namaste Charter School is changing the trajectory of 480 traditionally underserved children’s lives each year. Namaste promotes lifelong student success and a love of learning through a groundbreaking educational model that combines health and wellness with academic rigor in a peaceful environment.
Associate Board activities include:
- Develop, plan and produce one major annual fundraising event and up to two smaller fundraiser or awareness events, designed to attract a young audience that builds visibility and support for Namaste Charter School within the Chicago Metropolitan area.
Expectations of members:
- Have a clear understanding and ability to communicate Namaste Charter School’s mission, programs and services, as well as finances, budget and financial/resource needs.
- Attend Namaste Charter School fundraising events.
- Understand the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Recruit one NCSAB board member a year.
Time and financial commitment:
- NCSAB meets once every month (as a full board or committee) on the first Wednesday evening of the month. Meetings are generally held in the Chicago downtown area and typically last 60 minutes. Members are expected to attend at least 9 out of the 12 meetings annually.
- Members are expected to contribute and/or help raise a minimum of $1000 annually (opportunities include event ticket sales, sponsorships and more).
- Members are expected to serve on at least one fundraising event committee.
Associate Board Member Benefits
- The opportunity to directly affect the lives of the students and families at Namaste Charter School.
- Exclusive networking and volunteer opportunities with other young professionals.
- Name recognition on Namaste Charter School’s website, event invitations, Annual Report.